Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Art-O-Mat

Hey guys, sorry I haven't talked to you in a few days. I have been extremely busy getting ready for the end of the school year; exams, cleanup, whining kids, you know. Actually, it hasn't been bad at all this time. Anyway, I have also been very busy making art for the Art-O-Mat. What?!? That's right! I am an Artist in Cellophane. I make pieces of art for an art machine. Here's the 411:
This guy in Winston Salem, named Clark Whittington, came up with the brilliant idea to revamp old cigarette machines, dudey them up, and turn them into art machines. How brilliant is that?!? Anyway, they can be found in community centers, art galleries, grocery stores, art stores, etc. all over the country (even overseas). I make pieces under the name of Mucho Mud (of course) and I have sold pieces in Hawaii, New York, California, Nebraska, Ohio, Indiana, Florida, Washington D.C., North Carolina, and Massachusettes. It is a really cool thing to be a part of this. I really get a kick out of selling these pieces. I get a cut of funds, as does Clark and the business where the machine is located. Please look for these when you go out. You can also visit the website and see a sample of artists' work. I don't have a picture at this exact moment to post, but I will in the next day or so. So be on the look out for my African Mask art. I love these little guys AND I love being an Artist in Cellophane.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brenda - Good post. I love the little guys you showed me yesterday for the Art-o-Mat. DId you miss the link to the Art-O-Mat in your post? But good work!
    Meera

    ReplyDelete