Saturday, August 7, 2010

Whistles





For several years I have been making whistles. Most of the time, I make turtles because I love to make them. So most of the whistles that you will see on my blog will be turtles, but occasionally there will be other animals. These turtles haven't been glazed yet. They are bisque fired, in either wonder white stoneware or speckled brown stoneware. The white turtle is a sea turtle. It is actually an ocarina, which means it makes more than one sound. The brown turtle is a box turtle and it is also an ocarina. I think they are pretty cute, and so do most people. I sell them like crazy! If you're interested, just send me a comment.

2 comments:

  1. I was given one of your turtles by my sister who lives in Raleigh. I love it! I am a principal of a school and we have a turtle theme. I would love to buy a dozen turtle whistles. The turtle I have is painted a tealish green back with brown legs, face and black for spots and facial features. What do you charge for a whistle? My number is 904-234-7744

    ReplyDelete